From: 24/06/2008 until: 27/06/2008
First Global Conference on GMO Analysis
Growing global deployment of GM crops in agricultural production and trade has led to increasing complexity in identity preservation operations of diverse agricultural commodity production supply chains within progressively more complex and evolving market demands.
Within this context, this conference aims to address the science and technology underpinning GMO control and analysis by bringing together international experts willing to share knowledge and participate in promoting international scientific dialogue.
The topics are:
- Sampling for GMO analysis along the food and feed production and supply chain ("from farm to fork" and vice versa)
- Analytical procedures along the food and feed production and supply chain
- Consistency of test results
- Sample preparation and extraction
- Methods of analysis
- Result interpretation and reporting
- Production and availability of reference material
- Harmonisation needs at international and regional level
- Traceability and already existing accreditation programmes
Location: Villa Erba, Como, Italy