Co-Extra International Conference: Presentations are now available online
The Co-Extra research project presented the results of four years of scientific research and discussed how these integrate with other EU and international studies to provide information for the management of GMOs and their products from farm to fork.
Invited presentations also presented the results of the related EU research projects – SIGMEA and Transcontainer – and from representatives of non-EU countries to provide a broader picture of current knowledge both within and outside of Europe.
The Conference considered the following topics:
- Managing gene flow, including agricultural and biological containment techniques
- Sampling strategies, detection, identification and quantification of GM ingredients in crops, foods and feed supply chains (including detection of unapproved GMOs)
- Supply - chain modelling, practical and economic (costs/benefits) aspects of coexistence and traceability in the food and feed supply chains
- Liability and redress issues associated with managing crop production and supply chains
- Coexistence and traceability practices around the world
- Technologies for effective supply chain management, including data integration and decision support systems (DSS)
- Stakeholder views